Whether you do pilates, or yoga or just plain old stretching exercise, stretching is good for the soul.
Here are some ideas for making stretching a part of your daily routine:
- Pretend you are a cat and do cat poses.
- Take a yoga class.
- Rent or buy a yoga video.
- Try a youtube yoga video.
- Bend down and touch your toes when you get out of bed.
- If you sit at a desk, get up and take stretch breaks at work.(I am doing that right now.)
- If you need a reminder, put Stretch breaks on your calendar.
- Put sticky notes that say “stretch” in places where you will see them.
- Put pictures of favorite stretches in places where you’ll see them.
- Stretch when you get in or out of your car or while on a walk.