Here are Simple steps to celebrate life every day.
- Clean up your act: Pick your favorite cleanse and do it. You will be amazed at how much you feel like celebrating with a body that is void of impurities.
- Enjoy the good and the bad: Remember what a friend once said to me, “All sunshine makes a desert.” So appreciate the lessons that come from pain and sorrow as much as the ones that come through joy.
- Live like this is your last day on Earth: Does this one really need an explanation?
- Eat something amazingly delicious: I still remember the time I ate lobster right out of the water in Maine. But a fresh peach from Fredericksburg would be just as wonderful.
- Bring Joy into someone else’s life: Nursing home? Children’s cancer ward? Homeless shelter? Or how about a friend you haven’t spoken to in a long time?
- Radiate warmth and goodwill to everyone you meet. It does not cost you anything extra
to smile and say things like, “How are you?” It is shocking to me how many millenials have NEVER done this. Release some serotonin!
- Act as if life were one big party. Pretend like you are the life of the party, even at work. Now, please use some diplomacy here.
- Treat everyone with kindness. At the risk of repeating myself, review Letter R above.
- Enlist friends and family in the celebration. Use the multiplier affect. Pay it forward.