Back when I first started my business, I did some stage hypnosis, mostly for Project Graduation. The thing I really like about doing stage games with kids is that they don’t take themselves too seriously.
Life works better that way, too… when you don’t take it too seriously. So a long time ago, I figured out I could add to my happiness factor if I treated life as one big game.
If you don’t happen to be a stage hypnotist, here are some Life Games you can try for yourself:
- See how many irritated people you can get to smile or laugh in one day.
- Count how many times you hear “happy” words in one hour: e.g., happy, joy, fun, silly. This is a great game because the more you focus on Happy things, the happier you will feel. Try it if you don’t believe me.
- See how many people you can convince to do a random act of kindness every day for one week.
- Share an article (hint: one of these blog posts would work!) about how to be happy with as many people as you can and ask them to pass it on with a reference back to you so you can see how many people you influenced with just one email.
- Come up with your own happiness games to share.